The Words Are In My Soul | Fall 2018 issue is NOW available for purchase!
The Words Are In My Soul | You can find the Spring 2018 edition at the links below!
The Spring 2017 Issue is still available for purchase at the links below!
This edition features eleven authors and twenty pieces, ranging over many topics. You can find them at most ebook retailers, and you can order print copies from a few of your favorite sites, including Amazon! A portion of every purchase goes directly to charity.
Submission Status: Closed
The Words Are In My Soul is a semi-annual literary magazine intended to promote art in the
church and the authors themselves who come from all walks of life. Submissions are open to anyone
who wishes to contribute and are welcome on any topic. It will accept short
stories (including creative nonfiction) and poems. All authors will be paid per issue sold, until a
year after publication, after which proceeds will go to a cause chosen for the issue.
Timeline for Fall 2018 Issue:
- April 15, 2018 – Submissions open
- May 13, 2018 – Submissions close
- September 8, 2018 – Fall 2018 edition published
- Though this is sponsored by a church, we are incredibly passionate about this being open to submissions that don’t directly/indirectly have to do with Christianity. This could include real topics about real issues we as a people face, but they shouldn’t conflict with main pillars of the faith.
- In this same vein, we ask that you not submit anything with graphic sex, violence, or excessive swearing —think PG-13 and below.
- Word count limit is 5,000. Works longer than this will be disqualified.
- You are welcome to submit as many times as you like, but the final number of allowed entries per person will be determined by the total number of submissions received.
- Works may be previously published, but only if the author holds all rights. The author is responsible for all legal issues regarding rights, should they arise.
- We are also looking for art to use on the cover and the title page! These can be photographs, sketches, or paintings of any kind, but it must follow the above guidelines and be original work. It must be in the final format when you submit.
- Cover art should be 1600×2400 pixels in size.
- Title page art should be 480×360 pixels in size.
Are you interested in joining this creative movement?
If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not submit pieces to this email.
Works sent to the email will be deleted. To submit, please use the form below.